Friday, February 11, 2011

Got My Tank!

I'm not sure what happened :{  I knew I needed a tank that's at least 40 gallons to house what I plan to keep, and to provide enough buffer in case something goes wrong.  Basically, the more water there is, the more buffer there is for temperature fluctuations, water quality issues, etc.  One thing led to another, and somehow I ended up with this purchase. It's nice...very nice.  But a huge splurge!



Anyway, it is a 65 gallon glass tank. I also purchased the nice cherry wood stand and matching canopy.  What I really liked about the tank is the built in overflow (the black plastic piece inside the tank). All the tubing will be hidden behind the plastic. The tank and stand have also been pre-drilled to allow water to flow down into the filtration system housed in the cabinet, and then back up into the tank.  The canopy has a hinged top which will house the lights. The clean look is nice. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

1 comment: