Friday, February 11, 2011

Just Starting Out

I finally decided to set up a saltwater aquarium in my home.  I have always had an interest in fish, and have kept freshwater aquariums in the past.  But I have always had a fascination for the ocean.  My other reason is to give my daughter an opportunity to see fish up close and personal.  I decided on a reef aquarium which will house corals, colorful fish, snails, and hermit crabs.

My first step was to get books on saltwater aquariums.  My problem with the books is that they provide an overview, but do not provide enough detail on equipment choices, or how to install the equipment.  I have already found myself making frequent trips to the local fish store to get advice.  So I decided to blog about this journey. I am sure I will make mistakes along the way, but I hope that my blogs will help others who have similar aspirations.  Or at the very least, be entertaining.

1 comment:

  1. Were are the photos of the completed tank, ps: if I can recommend Don't buy Damsels you will understand why in the future. Also don't rush 2 months before adding coral. Anthias is a beautiful fish and are great color. Check out my tank " Parsells reef tank" under YouTube. Have fun and good luck!

    ReplyDelete